Miles Halter is tired of his boring and lonely life at home in Florida, so he decides to go a boarding school in Alabama, hoping that a new beginning might give him a new impetus. At the boarding school he makes friends with a group of youngsters - including the beautiful and intelligent yet unhappy Alaska Young - who open a whole new world for him.
Looking for Alaska is a novel about adolescents in their final years at school who are discovering friendship, love and desire, and learning how trust, responsibility, grief and loss are an integral part of human experience.

Montag, 9. Mai 2011

Pages 33-48

From Alina:
In this pages I've learned much more about Alaska and the Colonel and the other characters. The Colonel seems to become a good friend of Milton and a person of trust for him. The relationship between Alaska and Milton starts to develop into something deeper and I'm very interesting how it goes on with them. These pages were much easier to read for me because I'm into the story now. The characters are very authentic and I like them, but I am not completely convinced by the story yet.

1 Kommentar:

  1. From Sophie:
    I agree with Alina, that we learnd much more about the characters. The relationships between Miles and the rest of the characters are beginning to develop and I'm sure that this will get very interesting, as Alina already said.
    The thing I didn't like was the behavior of Dr. Hyde. I mean, is it really justified to throw someone out of class because he didn't pay attention to you for ONE SINGLE TIME? And I also didn't like about this teacher that he didn't let Miles answer to his question, that Dr. Hyde interrupted Miles.
    As Alina I'm also not really convinced in the story yet because has got potential but I'm not sure if the story will exhaust this potential or if the story will go on as before.

    AntwortenLöschen