Miles Halter is tired of his boring and lonely life at home in Florida, so he decides to go a boarding school in Alabama, hoping that a new beginning might give him a new impetus. At the boarding school he makes friends with a group of youngsters - including the beautiful and intelligent yet unhappy Alaska Young - who open a whole new world for him.
Looking for Alaska is a novel about adolescents in their final years at school who are discovering friendship, love and desire, and learning how trust, responsibility, grief and loss are an integral part of human experience.

Montag, 16. Mai 2011

Pages 48-63

From Sophie:
These pages were a kind of a roller-coaster because there are parts I like and parts I found incredible boring. I liked the opening of the capture because the describing of the food was really funny. Then it got boring because I don't like basketball at all. What the Colonel did was funny again.
The thing that Alaska says when they're sitting on the lawn " 'I may die young' she said. 'But at least I'll die smart.' "(p.56 l.21f) has shocked me. I think she wants to die, what I definitely can't understand.
I don't know what I should think about the rest of these pages and I'm still not convinced by the story.

1 Kommentar:

  1. From Alina:
    In my opinion the story gets more and more interesting and I enjoy reading these pages. The scene in the gym with the basketball-game was very funny and The Colonel seems to become my favourite character in the story. And now, I think I am into the story and I am not really sure why, but I can't stop reading easily when I am in the flow of reading. Sometimes Alaskas reactions of Pudgs questions are strangely and I agree with Sophie when Alaska said 'I may die young. But at least I'll die smart.' that this shocked me. But on the other hand it makes me very curious what comes next.

    AntwortenLöschen