Miles Halter is tired of his boring and lonely life at home in Florida, so he decides to go a boarding school in Alabama, hoping that a new beginning might give him a new impetus. At the boarding school he makes friends with a group of youngsters - including the beautiful and intelligent yet unhappy Alaska Young - who open a whole new world for him.
Looking for Alaska is a novel about adolescents in their final years at school who are discovering friendship, love and desire, and learning how trust, responsibility, grief and loss are an integral part of human experience.

Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011

Pages 63-83

From Alina:
In these pages we've learned more about all characters and we got deeper into the story, additionally some question were answered. I think these pages were very informative and I liked reading them.
The relationship between Alaska and Pudge gets deeper with lots of highs and lows. Sometimes I can't understand some reactions of Alaska and that makes me unsure about what to think about her. She is pretty moody with good times, where she is friendly and maybe you can call it lovely, when she cares about all, furthermore about Pudge. But if she has bad times she is very cold and closed and I think she is a bit disoriented, likewise confused. Although Alaska is difficult to read and unforeseeable, she is still a very interesting person. Also the relationship between Pudge and Takumi gets deeper and some things that happend in the history were explained. I was really happy after I read that, because now I think I understand the story and I discover the little secrets of the characters rudimental.

1 Kommentar:

  1. From Sophie:
    I agree in most points with Alina. I found really interesting, that the relationship between Miles and Alaska is getting deeper. Also I like the character of the Colonel, but I really don't know why. To observe the friends coalesce is really interesting.
    I disagree with Alina that these pages are more interesting than these before. I guess, the story wents mostly on like before, with some highlights in the previous boredom. I slowly loose my hope, that the story getts better.

    AntwortenLöschen