Miles Halter is tired of his boring and lonely life at home in Florida, so he decides to go a boarding school in Alabama, hoping that a new beginning might give him a new impetus. At the boarding school he makes friends with a group of youngsters - including the beautiful and intelligent yet unhappy Alaska Young - who open a whole new world for him.
Looking for Alaska is a novel about adolescents in their final years at school who are discovering friendship, love and desire, and learning how trust, responsibility, grief and loss are an integral part of human experience.

Freitag, 10. Juni 2011

Pages 139-160

From Sophie:
Worse. That's the only thing I can think about this part of the book. Why did John Green let Alaska die in the book? I think that it would be much more interesting if he had let her alive, so she had to deal with what she had done.
I also don't like the atmosphere in the book now. Before her death it was nice and I could feel a little bit with the characters. Now I can't, it just makes me tired to read this book. I don't like such a melancholy atmosphere over a long time in books I read. I guess that the story should go on and if the story goes on, the atmosphere changes in every book I read yet.
So all in all I can say that there was nothing in these pages that I liked.

1 Kommentar:

  1. From Alina:
    I totally agree with Sophie. These pages made me so sad, sometimes I had to stop reading and think about the good things in life. And I also wondering how this should goes on, I'm not very interested in reading such a book which describes how teenagers handle with the death of a friend. There is an atmosphere which choke everything down and every gladness is blown away. Finally I hope that the story gets better and happier into the next pages.

    AntwortenLöschen