Miles Halter is tired of his boring and lonely life at home in Florida, so he decides to go a boarding school in Alabama, hoping that a new beginning might give him a new impetus. At the boarding school he makes friends with a group of youngsters - including the beautiful and intelligent yet unhappy Alaska Young - who open a whole new world for him.
Looking for Alaska is a novel about adolescents in their final years at school who are discovering friendship, love and desire, and learning how trust, responsibility, grief and loss are an integral part of human experience.

Montag, 20. Juni 2011

Pages 209-219

From Alina:
Into these last pages some interesting facts were explained and some mysteries were aired. I like the ending of the book because I put the book away with a good feeling of satisfaction.. I don't have to think anymore about Alaskas death and furthermore I don't have to worry about the Colonel and Miles because I know they have handle all the bad things that have happend. They start learning for school and think about their future.
I also like the last words of Miles in the end, the philosophical phrases with this trueness in it.
All in all I have to say that I enjoyed reading this book.

1 Kommentar:

  1. From Sophie:
    I agree with Alina, as always, in most points. I also liked the ending of the story because everything clears up with Takumi, so they don't have to go home in a way that they couldn't trust each other.
    I also liked the letter from Takumi and the essay, Miles writes. The things he writes are very philosophical and that had really impressed me.
    These points in the end don't convince me to like the book. All in all I can't say that I enjoyed reading it.

    AntwortenLöschen